Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ramen Jinya, all the time, ya.

Tonkatsu Black Special.
Ramen Jinya is hands down my favorite Ramen joint- authentic, food high-inducing deliciousness. Nothing beats their Tonkatsu Black Special: Pork broth with pork chashu, spinach, green onions, fried onions, dried seaweed, garlic oil, and special flavored runny egg (heaven in your mouth). I usually like pairing that with their iced matcha green tea.






Tan Tan men.
That's my usual, but a few visits ago I wasn't feeling like ramen so I tried their Tan Tan men, their spicy no soup ramen (originated in Sichuan- Noodles with rich spicy sauce, minced pork, ground prok, Tokyo negi, bokchoy, red bell pepper, and chilli oil). It is a definitely a tasty alternative to their broth ramen.

However, DO NOT, BY ANY MEANS, ORDER THEIR VEGETABLE POTAGE RAMEN- thick soup with a salad forest on top. Just don't do it, there are may more ramen dishes worthy of your palate here- like the Tonkatsu Red, the spicy version of the Tonkatsu Black special. $10.50 is a small price to pay for ramen heaven.

> Ramen Jinya
5174 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(also coming soon to Sawtelle!)

 p/s: At the time of this entry, I have been to Ramen Jinya almost once a week for the past 2 months and I'm so glad I plan to go again today because writing this entry has been torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment