Friday, March 16, 2012

Eyy girl, I brought you some Daichan.

Fried Hawaiian Chicken & Hijiki Rice.
 Daichan is another one of our regular haunts because everything on their extensive menu is delicious. This is truly Japanese soul food at its best, and when you look at all the traditional Japanese knickknacks and paintings covering ever part of its walls, you get the impression your own Japanese grandma is making food for you in the kitchen.

Have some hot tea when you sit down! Lots to choose from for only a dollar each and free refills! My favorite is the Hoji cha for that roasted taste. As for appetizers, their veggie gyoza is delicious and so is their potato croquette. They have Hawaiian Poki bowls, which are favorites of my coworkers, piping hot udon, and rice plates, which is what I ordered the last time I was there.

The Fried Hawaiian chicken is my favorite of all the things I've gotten at Daichan. Perfectly crispy yet juicy, and it comes with a side of noodle salad, veggies, rice (order their special Hijiki rice, tasty brown rice cooked with seaweed), and a watermelon slice. It's a lot of food, definitely worth the price, plus your mouth will be thanking you.

Dorayaki!
I always get dessert here because Daichan has made me a Dorayaki fiend. The Japanese pancake with a red bean center is heated up perfectly and makes me dizzy with joy as I eat it. I'm also sure their Japanese cheesecake is just as wonderful, but I have yet to pull away from my Dorayaki to try it.

Extremely friendly service, cute atmosphere, amazing food... Daichan will always have a special place in my heart.

> Daichan
11288 Ventura Blvd
Ste F

Studio City, CA 91604

No comments:

Post a Comment