Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Akasha for dineLA.

Chopped chicken liver.
Akasha is one of  my favorite fancier restaurants in Downtown Culver, so when I saw it was participating in dineLA, it was too good to pass up. So we made reservations for a triple couple date on half-price wine Wednesdays and feasted to our hearts' content.

Albacore & grapefruit crudo.
Duck leg ragout.
I've eaten at Akasha before so I knew everything was going to taste incredible. Each set 3-course meal started at $34, with 3 options in each category. This was our chance to try chicken liver, so my boyfriend Mike ordered it and it came with capers and grilled ciabatta. I also had never tried liver before and it was very rich, but not bad at all. I ordered the albacore and grapefruit crudo with blood orange ponzu and daikon sprouts and that was quite tasty as well.

For the main course, we both ordered the duck leg ragout with green garlic gnocchi and parmesan, which was also very rich and delicious. And finally for dessert, I went with a Pineapple upside down cake with coconut-lime sorbet and passion fruit sauce (not pictured). 


A fancy meal for an "unfancy" price in downtown Culver. Definitely a night to remember.


Akasha
9543 Culver Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232

No comments:

Post a Comment