Sunday, January 22, 2012

Keungama Tofu House vs. Young Dong Tofu.

Now THIS is the color the soup is supposed to be.
Final Edit 3/16/2012 and a follow up to my first Soon Doo Boo entry.)

We inadvertently stumbled across one of the best Soon Doo Boo places before Dr. Who Burlesque! I ordered the kimchi and beef as usual, and the soup was PERFECT. It even came with fancy rice, similar to Japanese hijiki rice. One of the sides was surprisingly, steamed egg, which was also delicious. Everything for $9, with friendly service and a great atmosphere. I also recommend the miso soup broth as an alternative to the usual.

Young Dong Tofu.
3/16/2012: Now that I've been to Young Dong Tofu again and even had their spicy pork, I can say with confidence that Keungama Tofu House is the winner of all the Soon Doo Boo places I've tried. Although Young Dong is still a good place if you're in the San Gabriel-Arcadia area.

But I'll be back, Keungama house... I'll be back.

> Keungama Tofu House
 3020 Wilshire Blvd
#119

Los Angeles, CA 90010


> Young Dong Tofu
1311 S Baldwin Ave
Ste B

Arcadia, CA 91006

No comments:

Post a Comment