Sunday, January 22, 2012

Forage.

Citrus agua fresca, mac & cheese, potato gratin, and cheesecake.
(Thanks to Alyx and Mac for recommending this for the blog and also for good eats and good times.)

Forage is easy to miss as you're strolling along the hipster infested Sunset strip in Silver Lake, but stop by and you won't be disappointed. With farm fresh and organic fare, the banquet is laid out right in front of you at the counter. I decided to get a drink and sample some sides and a dessert.

 I started with a citrus and blood orange agua fresca, sides of their potato gratin with gruyere and stinging nettles, homemade mac & cheese, and berry cheesecake. My cashier remarked that I had just ordered the best items in their restaurant, but I was about to find out for myself.

The agua fresca was so citrusy fresh, one sip of it made my friend order one to go.





As for the Potato gratin, the stinging nettle texture was interesting and the overall taste was good, but even for me, I think it was potato overload.




The mac & cheese side was definitely the star of the sides. The breadcrumbs on top were so crispy and the cheese was not overpowering the perfect macaroni. I would've liked some bacon and peas added to it, but even without it, it's pretty darn good. However, it doesn't beat my all-time favorite mac & cheese dish at Kitchen 24.







And finally, the berry cheesecake. It was so exquisitely soft and fluffy, the lightest cheesecake I've had with just the right amount of cream and fresh berries on top. A sweet way to end a good meal.







When I do come back to Forage though, I think I'll try an entree and their cream puff. Just a taste of the cream puff convinced me that it's the best dessert on the menu, if not their tastiest item. Watch out, Forage. All your cream puffs are belong to me.


Forage
3823 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026

Kitchen 24
1608 N Cahuenga Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028

No comments:

Post a Comment